simply sash: Join Our Team↸
We are looking for skilled carpenters and joiners with proven experience working on timber-frame sash windows.
Initially this will be a subcontractor role, but the potential for full-time employment exists if you prove to be a skilled and reliable worker.
The role involves a combination of on-site work at domestic and commercial properties (including Grade I and II listed buildings), as well as in-house at our Nympsfield workshop.
Responsibilities will include:
- Sill replacement.
- Frame repairs.
- Sash servicing (re-cording and rebalancing).
- Fitting draught-proofing systems and window hardware.
- Constructing made-to-measure sash windows.
- Assessing jobs and completing them to a high standard.
We work on sites in Gloucestershire and nearby areas, so we are looking for an experienced local craftsperson, based near Cheltenham, Gloucester, Stroud, Bristol or Bath.
You will need:
- CSCS certification, level 3 C&G or NVQ related qualification.
- Excellent references.
- Your own tools, PPE and transport (with valid full driving license).
- Experience working with timber-frame sash windows.
- A fine eye for detail.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- To be able to reliably self manage your workload and time-keeping.
- Good English-speaking customer communication skills.
- The expertise to carry out jobs to a high standard, within a health and safety framework.
Your transport should be suitable for carrying tools and materials, including 3m long beadings. PPE should include face-fitted mask. For on-site work, Reduced Low Voltage (110v) power tools are required.
We offer a rewarding job with competitive pay (above market rate), negotiable depending on skills and experience.
You will be working as part of a small hard-working team, with friendly, supportive and flexible working conditions.
If you have a keen interest in traditional window preservation and quality workmanship, we would like to hear from you.
Apply to The Sash Window Service Ltd.
or phone: (01453) 861025
and ask for Trevor.